Warehouse/Logistics Specialist – F/T (Marlboro)
In this role, you will be hands-on and responsible for all activities relating to warehousing, inventory control and transportation for computer equipment for the company to meet the required delivery deadlines of our customers. You will arrange land and airfreight shipments, negotiate transportation charges with carriers and parcel services, as well as plan and schedule incoming and outgoing domestic and international shipments. You will need strong communications skills in order to work with colleagues (mostly virtually) to ship items based on customer expectations.
Due to the nature of the business, you will also be required to assist other departments with overall needs as required, such as helping transport equipment to/from vehicles, set-up or dissemble office space for company meetings, parties, etc, as well as assist with general office duties, as needed.
Job Responsibilities (including but not limited to the following):
- Take charge of the efficient and effective flow of inventory and equipment in the warehouse as required for the successful operation of the company;
- Review customer orders and coordinate and assemble items to be picked, packed, and shipped;
- Manage the domestic and international shipping process; Ensure you are meeting the needs of the business in the most efficient and cost effective manner;
- Use proper procedures and controls to ensure that products are properly packaged to allow 'damage-free' arrival of products to the customer;
- Follow best policies and processes to ensure efficient operation, be in full control of the movement of equipment to and between vendors, customers, both domestic and international;
- Use of scan gun to accurately track incoming and outgoing inventory;
- Coordinate closely with other department managers and account managers to ensure delivery of the product is in compliance with contractual obligations;
- Develop relationships with transportation vendors in order to reduce cost and reaction time, improving transport times and costs;
- Assist Finance & Operations Department with accurate month-end inventory reporting to align with department’s billing and audit protocols, and;
- General office tasks as assigned.
Key Skills and Behaviors (including but not limited to the following):
- Prior experience in shipping, receiving, and logistics processes as well as customs and duties;
- An independent and responsible work ethic, as well as flexibility and creativity is expected;
- Motivated, self-starter who can multi-task and requires minimal supervision;
- Inventory control experience, export documentation experience and export compliance awareness preferred;
- Use of manual pallet jack;
- A strong sense of urgency and attention to detail, excellent customer service skills, creative problem-solving skills, excellent delegation and follow up skills, ability to execute the priorities you lay out, to be a good role model and to consistently exhibit the highest level of professionalism and integrity.
- Associates Degree and/or 2+ years of warehousing related transportation experience, preferably in a distribution environment;
- Experience in negotiating with vendors for services such as air freight, storage, trucking and freight forwarders for containerized shipping and break bulk carriage;
- International transportation experience, including export documentation creation, a plus;
- Working knowledge of FedEx and UPS shipping software;
- Must be computer literate, with proficiency in Microsoft Office;
- Works well under pressure, with minimal direction.
- Must be able to perform physical activities such as, bending, kneeling, pushing, pulling, standing, climbing, walking, kneeling, pushing, and lifting up to 75 pounds.
Email resume to careers@WeAreVersatile.com.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER