Accounting Specialist - F/T - Marlboro
In this role, you must have a diverse background in all accounting and reporting functions. The Accounting Specialist is tasked with providing management with the most accurate and up-to-date accounting information needed in order to conduct business in the highest regard.
Any previous experience working with a Value Added Reseller (VAR) or similar business would be a plus!
Job Responsibilities (including but not limited to the following):
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year-end close;
- Ensure the accuracy of all monthly financials, general ledgers, and subsidiary ledgers such as Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Inventory, to mention a few;
- All Accounts Receivable Responsibilities to include collection calls, follow-up, payment application, and issue resolution;
- All Accounts Payable Responsibilities to include, paying bills, check printing, timely and accurate invoice entry;
- Responsible for daily/weekly ACH and check deposits;
- Reconcile bank statements; updating the trial balance, profit-and-loss statement and balance sheets, etc;
- Make federal and state tax deposits;
- Assist with compiling and completing annual tax forms, such as W-2s and 1099’s and work in conjunction with accounting firm at year-end;
- Ensure that invoices are correct regarding material quantity/quality specifications, review invoices listed prices; make necessary pricing adjustments and computer entries;
- Review and approve expense reports and transfer to QuickBooks;
- Reconcile inventory, deferred income and prepaid expenses;
- Calculate monthly sales commissions;
- Ensure the accurate and timely processing of bi-weekly payroll and GL entries;
- Responsible for tracking and maintaining employee’s PTO records;
- Review and approve timesheets for the Operations Dept;
- Assist with annual audits;
- Act as the 401K plan administrator for enrollments, withdrawals and yearly plan maintenance;
- Cross-train with the Controller and/or finance team to provide back-up assistance when needed;
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department.
Key Skills and Behaviors:
- Strong financial reporting/general ledger experience;
- Self-motivated and goal driven, with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including strong attention to detail;
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, and problem-solving skills;
- Outstanding organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills - must be able to manage multiple, simultaneous commitments;
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks, status actions items, respond to changing priorities, and react to short deadlines;
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment (often virtually).
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field;
- 5+ years of general accounting experience working with payroll, accounts receivable, and accounts payable;
- QuickBooks a must!
- Sales tax calculation and experience a plus;
- Proficiency in Microsoft MS Office products;
- Familiar with Payroll Systems (Harper’s a plus!)
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy in entering financial data;
- Outstanding math and research skills;
- Deadline-driven with excellent time management ability;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Email resume to careers@WeAreVersatile.com.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER