In this role, you must have a diverse background in all accounting and reporting functions. The Accounting Specialist is tasked with providing management with the most accurate and up-to-date accounting information needed in order to conduct business in the highest regard.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year-end close;
- Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financials, general ledgers, accounts payable/receivable, etc
- Cross-training with the finance team and provide back-up when needed;
- Responsible for daily/weekly bank deposits;
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department;
- Reconcile bank statements; updating the trial balance, profit-and-loss statement and balance sheets, etc;
- Make federal and state tax deposits;
- Assist with compiling and completing annual tax forms, such as W-2s and 1099’s;
- Ensure that invoices are correct regarding material quantity/quality specifications, review invoices listed prices; make necessary pricing adjustments and computer entries;
- Ensure the accurate and timely processing of bi-weekly payroll;
- Responsible for tracking and maintaining PTO records;
- Work on special projects and workflow process improvements, as needed.
- Strong financial reporting/general ledger experience;
- Self-motivated and goal driven, with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including strong attention to detail;
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, and problem-solving skills;
- Outstanding organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills - must be able to manage multiple, simultaneous commitments;
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks, status actions items, respond to changing priorities, and react to short deadlines;
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field preferred;
- 5+ years of general accounting experience working with payroll, accounts receivable and accounts payable;
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy in entering financial data;
- Outstanding math and research skills;
- Deadline-driven with excellent time management ability
- Ability to maintain confidentiality;
- Quickbooks a must!
- Proficiency in Microsoft MS Office products;
- Familiar with Payroll Systems (Harper’s a plus!)
Email resume to careers@WeAreVersatile.com.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER