The Senior Systems Administrator is responsible for Versatile’s data center environment to support enterprise solutions for strategic clients. The position is for someone with a technical infrastructure background that can adapt to new technologies, contribute to continuous system improvements, and proactively address issues.
The primary responsibility will be to ensure system availability and performance. You will also be responsible for systems maintenance and operations tasks, such as system back-up, recovery and service maintenance, schedules, installs, and tests system upgrades, configures hardware and software while resolving technical problems, monitors and maintains hardware and software licensing with maintenance agreements, etc.
Job Responsibilities (including but not limited to the following):
- Works in a team setting to support and operate enterprise-level infrastructure solutions;
- Perform daily maintenance of datacenter infrastructure including servers, storage, and networking, as applicable;
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system logs, debug system issues, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs;
- Utilizes toolsets to measure performance, troubleshoot complex problems, and perform root cause analysis;
- Support multiple aspects of the hosting environment while working towards being an expert in one or more areas;
- Contributes to operational and support deliverables;
- Ability to and provide knowledge transfer to customers and team members;
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements;
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization
- Possess a technical knowledge base with industry leading products from EMC, VMWare, HP, Microsoft, Cisco, Palo Alto, Trend Micro and others;
- Possess a broad technical awareness including client-server, SQL and MySQL databases, directory services, virtualization, enterprise storage technologies, security, and client devices;
- Participate in on-call support rotation for enterprise client solutions.
Key Skills and Knowledge:
- Must be self-motivated and goal driven, with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment;
- Must possess executive and technical-level communications and relationship building skills to gain credibility/trust of internal and external customers;
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Outstanding organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills - must be able to manage multiple, simultaneous commitments;
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment, a must;
- Willingness and ability to cross-train other team members on new technologies.
Education & Experience:
- Minimum of five (5) years of professional experience, with at least three (3) years of direct data center infrastructure operations experience;
- Professional technical certifications from industry leading vendors including; Microsoft, VMWare, Cisco, EMC, CompTIA, and others;
- Associate degree from an accredited educational institution in a technical or business discipline; bachelor’s degree preferred.
This job operates in a professional work environment. Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time in front of a computer; Must be able to perform physical activities, such as, but not limited to, lifting heavy equipment (up to 50 lbs, unassisted), bending, standing, climbing or walking.
Due to the nature of the business, must be willing to work nights and/or weekends, and travel on occasion, as necessary.
Email resume to careers@WeAreVersatile.com.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER