This mid-level network engineer position is responsible for the installation, configuration and maintenance of networking infrastructure solutions for Versatile’s customers, including but not limited to the areas of wireless, security and emerging technologies. You will assist in growing our consulting and field services division specifically using your networking expertise.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Coordinate, deliver and ensure quality presales deliverables within the domain of the Client account which may include items such as configurations, architectural diagrams, statements of work, etc;
- Manage and consult with clients on multiple large and small projects to meet business goals and objectives;
- Establish network specifications by conferring with clients through assessment services; analyzing workflow, access, information and security requirements; designing router administration, including interface configuration and routing protocols; Develop and implement moderately complex LAN, WAN, and WLAN TCP/IP networks;
- Evaluate network performance issues including availability, utilization, throughput and latency; planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of equipment; defining network policies and procedures; establishing connections and firewalls;
- Install new hardware, systems and software for networks;
- Install, configure and maintain network services, equipment and devices;
- Provide project documentation as it relates to network configuration, network mapping, processes and service records.
What You Need For This Position
This position will require travel to local customer sites (approx. 20-30%).
- Experience in designing, implementing, and supporting complex, highly available multi-protocol networks in a medium to enterprise size environment;
- In-depth understanding of network security and access control;
- Knowledgeable on the following network technologies: TCP/IP, UDP/IP, RIP, OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, VRRP, HSRP, ACLs, VLANs, SNMP, IPSEC, NAT, SSH, SSL, STP, MSTP, PVST, multicast, 802.1X, RADIUS, VLANs;
- Experience developing and implementing moderately complex LAN, WAN, and WLAN TCP/IP networks;
- Strong knowledge in 802.11a/b/g/n and in wireless technologies: 802.1X, WPA/WPA2, TKIP, AES;
- Must have excellent problem solving skills and a solid understanding troubleshooting connectivity and performance issues involving firewalls, routers, hubs, servers, switches, WLAN and network applications;
- Experience with VoIP, QoS, and IP Telephony technologies;
- Experience with network cable installations, i.e., CAT5, CAT5e, CAT6, Multi-Mode Fiber, Single-Mode Fiber, Patch Panels and Cable Management systems;
- IT industry certification in one or more of the following preferred: ProCurve AIS, ASE, MASE, Cisco CCNA, CCDA, CCDP, CCIE, F5, Sonicwall, Fortinet, Aruba Wireless, and/or Brocade/Foundry;
- Through self-study and company provided training, remain informed of both current and emerging technologies in the networking industry.