The role of an IT Support Specialist is to provide escalated software and hardware support and resolutions to end users and co-workers by performing question/problem diagnosis and guiding users through step-by-step solutions, in many different industries, including healthcare. In this position, you must be able to clearly communicate technical solutions in a user-friendly and professional manner. Along with end user software and hardware support, additional job responsibilities may include tasks associated with traditional NOC responsibilities.
This position requires a highly motivated self-starter with strong problem-solving skills who can work independently with little supervision in a fast-paced environment. Must be able to manage service calls with flexibility, while possessing superb customer service skills. We are looking for a strong analytical thinker who enjoy solving problems, thrives in a high-pressure environment with shifting priorities, and has the ability to assess a situation and determine tactical steps moving forward.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Must be able to manage service calls with flexibility, while possessing superb customer service skills;
- Troubleshoot problems remotely using 3rd party remote access tools;
- Diagnose and resolve customer problems relating to hardware, software and networking;
- Effectively communicate solutions to end-users;
- Support end-users in the use of a wide range of hardware and software applications as needed;
- Develop and nurture client relationships;
- Assist the team in managing, monitoring, and maintaining the internal IT infrastructure (such as SLA’s, average ticket age, average call wait time, etc.);
- Provide regular and timely updates to all parties (internal and external) on incident statuses;
- Process overnight monitoring alerts each day upon arrival to the office, including handling business hours’ alerts in a timely manner;
- Review of overnight backup results for any errors/issues and remediation and/or client notification as applicable;
- Ability to work on project-based work as required;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Able to provide outstanding, customer-facing, end-user support via phone and remote desktop;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with strong attention to detail;
- Self-motivated and goal driven, with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a busy environment;
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, analytical, and problem-solving skills;
- Capable of coordinating multiple tasks, responding to changing priorities, and reacting to short deadlines through use of the internal ticketing system;
- Proficiency with various hardware and software equipment and operating systems;
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment;
- Ability to master new computer technology with willingness to gain additional IT certifications as necessary;
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree with a technology major and MCP (Microsoft Certified Professional) or equivalent;
- Minimum of 2 - 4 years’ recent experience in a customer-facing technical support role;
- Windows Server O.S. – Server 2019, Server 2016, Server 2012, Server 2008;
- Basic Networking Experience;
- Meraki experience is a plus!
- Healthcare experience a plus!
- Relevant knowledge of Microsoft Office and basic troubleshooting abilities;
- Proven Customer Service Skills are a MUST
- Due to the nature of the business, MUST be able to work an on-call rotation support schedule (approx. one week every four weeks).
Email resume to careers@WeAreVersatile.com.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER